Florinef is a brand name of Fludrocortisone. It is a corticosteroid produced to treat adrenogenital syndrome (also called Apera-Galle syndrome), Addison's disease, orthostatic hypotension, cerebral salt wasting syndrome, and adrenal insufficiency. The drug replenishes the deficiency of hormones of the adrenal cortex. 1 tablet contains 0.1 mg of fludrocortisone acetate. It participates in the metabolism, including mineral and carbohydrate one. The drug causes the retention of sodium ions and prom
Active Ingredient: fludrocortisone acetate
Availability: In Stock (71 packages)
Florinef (Fludrocortisone Acetate)
Florinef is a steroid medication with proved efficacy in the curative treatment of different conditions caused by the deficiency of steroid hormones, especially Addison’s disease. The active ingredient replenishes the deficiency and participates in the general metabolic reactions, including catabolic transformations of minerals and carbohydrates, and causes the retention of sodium ions levels, which also allows using it to treat the adrenogenital syndrome.
The drug activates the lipolysis and promotes the excretion of potassium. However, due to the increased secretion of insulin, the medication also stimulates the lipogenesis, leading to the accumulation of fats.
How to take
- The medicine should not be taken during pregnancy because of the potential risk to damage the unborn baby.
- Depending upon the nature of the illness, the daily dose varies from 0.1 mg to 0.2 mg.
- Your physician may systematically decrease or increase the suggested dosage correcting it in order to provide the maximal effectiveness.
- The pharmacologic agent must not be used with hormonal preparations, potassium supplements, or alcohol.
- In order to avoid edema and increase blood pressure, it is recommended to adhere to a diet with a strict restriction of the daily intake of salt.
- People suffering from herpetic viral infections, systemic fungal infections, peptic ulcer, osteoporosis, duodenal ulcer, poliomyelitis, and severe mental illnesses must avoid using the drug.
- If the infection is detected during the therapy course, the patient must immediately receive appropriate healing measures with antibiotics or chemotherapeutic agents.
- The prolonged use of the medication in children requires careful periodic monitoring of their growth. The treatment regimen must be canceled in case of any abnormal or hazardous changes.
- In case of prolonged treatment, monitoring of the concentration of electrolytes/glucose in the serum should be provided on a regular basis.
- arterial hypertension;
- peripheral edema;
- significant growth of body weight;
- mental depression;
- abnormally and/or hazardously increased blood pressure;
- acute and/or moderate pain;
- troubles with sleeping;
- blurred vision.
Special preventive and protective measures must be applied when introducing the therapeutic agent in the medical management of people with peptic ulcer, myasthenia, diverticulitis, recent anastomoses of the intestine, tuberculosis, metastatic carcinoma, and diabetes mellitus.
The unwanted reactions, which may be a result of the therapy, have a lot in common with negative symptoms observed when treating patients with other corticosteroid drugs. The average rate of occurrence of these symptoms is relatively low and does not reach the parameters, which may be considered hazardous for most people using the medication. Nonetheless, all symptoms that may indicate the worsening of your condition must be regarded with care and appropriate actions must be taken to prevent presumable risks.
Unfavorable effects that may be connected with the healing include the following:
This is how your parcel will look like, the images are photographs of real shipments.
It has the size of a normal protected envelope and it does not disclose its contents.